Make An Informed Decision
If you are seeking an abortion, it’s important to know that abortion is a medical procedure. Understanding the different types of abortion, including the risks, helps you make an informed decision.
At LifeLine Pregnancy Center, we understand that an unexpected pregnancy can leave you feeling overwhelmed with few options. Our caring, trained volunteers are aware of these concerns and are here to help.
Risks of Abortion
You deserve to understand the risks of abortion before making a final decision. Some potential risks of medical abortion include:
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- An ongoing pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
Potential risks of surgical abortion include:
- Damage to the womb or cervix
- Uterine perforation (accidentally putting a hole in the uterus with one of the instruments used)
- Excessive bleeding
- Infection of the uterus or fallopian tubes
- Scarring of the inside of the uterus
- Reaction to the medicines or anesthesia, such as problems breathing
- Not removing all the tissue, requiring another procedure
Confirm Your Pregnancy
Before you decide, first confirm you are pregnant. Many women contact us because their period is late. There can be many reasons for a late period, including stress, dietary changes, or changes with your exercise regimen.
You can verify your pregnancy at LifeLine Pregnancy Center with a medical-grade pregnancy test and a limited ultrasound to be sure.
Our staff at LifeLine Pregnancy Center is here to help inform you of all your options, so you can choose the one that’s best for you.
Contact us to schedule your appointment or walk in to receive the free services we offer.